For the client, WE EFFECT (formerly Swedish Cooperative Centre), an international non-profit development organisation owned by the Swedish Cooperative movement operating worldwide, GLOBALWORK is seeking for candidates for the following positions:
Finance and Administrative Officer (part time 50%) for the Skopje Office
Project/PME Officer (fulltime 100%) for the Skopje Office
WE EFFECT has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and four regional Offices in Southern Africa, Eastern Africa, Latin America and Europe/Asia respectively. WE EFFECT work focuses on reducing poverty and injustices and promotes a human rights based development approach to strengthen participating civil society organisations and cooperatives to address the needs and rights of their members and communities through organisational development, business development, lobby and advocacy, humanitarian action and gender equality.
WE EFFECT has recently established a Programme Office in Macedonia with the objective to harmonize field operations in the region of Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia Herzegovina and Moldova
For this purpose, GLOBALWORK calls for application to the following positions with Duty station in Skopje including regular monitoring work in the region.
General requisites for both positions:
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Complete command of Macedonian and good working knowledge of Albanian language
- No criminal record.
- Social competence and experience to work under difficult conditions as well as with people of different backgrounds.
- Good health and well fitted for field work for a job demanding continuous field visits as well as national and international travelling.
- Valid driving license.
Finance and Administrative Officer (part time 50%)
We Effect is proud to keep an excellent international record in financial and administrative management. The same standards are applied in Macedonia and it is their goal to continue being an example of compliance both with the Macedonian as well as with the international demands of financial excellence. The expansion of We Effect in Europe as well as the need to contribute to the capacity building of national personnel calls for the recruitment of a Finance and administrative Officer. The Finance and Administrative Officer reports to the We Effect Office Director and fully participates in all administrative and financial operations of the Programme Office with the aim of gradually taking responsibility for the Finance and Administration of the Europe programme.
Under the supervision of the Office Director the Finance and Administrative Officer will:
- Respond to the development, implementation and management of Administrative Rules and Financial System Procedures for the Europe Programme partners.
- Monitor office and partner organisation’s budget expenditures.
- Assist the management and Programme Officers on the preparation and management of the programme budget.
- Book keeping and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial management reports.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations as well as cheques and payment vouchers.
- Supervise, guide and participate in training in finance and administration of partners personnel in the participating countries.
- Monitor, audit and propose measures on how to improve the administrative and financial capacity of partner organisations in the programme.
- Administer, report on, and be accountable for cost-efficient, transparent use of Programme funds as well as human and capital assets making sure that the Macedonian taxations law is fully respected.
- Collaborate and maintain permanent contacts with the financial officers from the partner organisations, We Effect Regional Office and HQ.
- A degree in Accountancy
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience,
- At least three years in a similar position.
- Documented experience in Administration
- Familiar with working in an NGO environment, especially in the administrative and financial procedures.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and logistical skills.
- MS Office package (working knowledge of Word and Access and full command of Excel) Experience with computerised book keeping and full proficiency with financial management software is essential.
Project/PME Officer (fulltime 100%)
The Project Officer will provide technical support to specific projects and to the Programme Office; he/she will coordinate projects and provide technical support to the partner organizations in capacity building efforts for efficient and effective project implementation. The Project/PME Officer Reports to the We Effect Office Director.
Under the supervision of the Office Director the Project/PME Officer will
- Assure coordination of projects and partners in relation to the objectives of the Europe programme.
- Support partner organizations in planning, monitoring and implementation of projects.
- Consolidation of monitoring results and reporting.
- Assessment of partners and project proposals.
- Act as liaison between partners and the Skopje Office.
- Promote local partners synergies.
- Provision of technical and capacity development support for the implementing partner organizations.
- Preferably a degree in Social science, Business development, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Economy, Sociology, Development Studies or any other relevant field.
- At least five years’ experience in development field, preferable at an I/NGO.
- Good field experience and knowledge on civil society work and human rights based development Knowledge and experience with the cooperative sector is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge and experience in project/programme cycle management and Results Based Management (RBM) and the Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
- Proved experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good reporting skills.
- Experience in budget management.
- Documented experience of civil society networking.
- Knowledge of computer including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- A good problem solver, analytical, creative and innovative.
We Effect maintain a consequent non-discrimination policy and indistinctively encourages women and men to apply independently of their ethnics or religious background.
Salary and term of employment: WE EFFECT standard conditions of employment and salary according to experience, qualifications and responsibility.
Send applications including a cover letter, detailed CV and 3 traceable references by email: [email protected] no later than 20 December 2014
Info at: 02/3111 075 and 076 491 994
Please place in subject heading: Full name and Position being applied
Shortlisted candidate will receive an electronic notification and/or phone call from GLOBALWORK Recruitment Agency
Applicants are expected to commit to WE EFFECT vision, mission and core values.
For further information about We Effect, please see www.weeffect.se